EDCO is frequently asked if companies with particular manufacturing or technical capabilities exist in Central Oregon. As an outgrowth of answering those questions and our frequent contact with the business community, we began to publish the Manufacturing & Technology Directory. The publication has several purposes:
- help prospective new businesses identify potential suppliers to make more informed relocation decisions;
- help newcomers to the region become familiar with traded-sector companies they might not otherwise know about;
- connect existing businesses with local specialty fabricators or technology providers (thus reducing the need to use suppliers outside the area);
- help site selectors assess the robustness of the region's supply chain; and
- allow EDCO to identify holes in the region's capabilities which, in turn, form a list of targeted companies.
The Manufacturing and Technology Directory reflects the full mix of industry that thrives in Crook, Deschutes and Jefferson Counties. It focuses particular attention on computer hardware and software production, biotechnology, aerospace, medical device manufacturing, primary and secondary wood products, recreational equipment fabrication and specialty manufacturing. The Directory provides several different lists including websites, company profiles, and overviews of various sectors in the region. Click here to download a copy of the 2006 Manufacturing & Technology Directory (most current).
In mid 2009, we will produce the Manufacturing & Technology Directory as an online, searchable database on our website. Meanwhile, if you have questions about certain capabilities or particular companies, please give us a call at 541-388-3236 or 1-800-342-4135. Hard copies are available for $10 (for non-EDCO members) and $5 (for EDCO members) plus $2 for postage.